- 3 cups plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp dry yeast in 2 tsps lukewarm water and 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsps plain yogurt
- ½ cup butter
- Sift flour, soda bicarbonate and baking powder together.
- Add butter and salt.
- Mix well.Add yogurt, milk and yeast mixture and knead well to smooth dough.
- Cover and leave for 4 hours until dough doubles in size.
- Take a lime sized ball of dough each time and roll a little on a floured surface.
- Flatten the rolled ball using both hands and pull the dough, by transferring from one hand to another to form the typical shape of naan.
- Heat griddle or a heavy bottomed frying pan, which has been greased.
- Cook naan only on one side on griddle.Transfer the naan directly over reduced gas flame to cook on the other side.
- Cook until slightly brown.Repeat pro0cess with remaining dough.Serve hot sprinkled with parsley.