Gatte Ka Saag
- Gram flour Besan - 1/4 cups/ 250gm
- Yoghurt(Dahi) - 2 cups/400gm
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp/10gm
- Turmeric(Haldi) Powder - 1 tsp/5gm
- Oil - 1 cup/200m
- Water to boil
- Cumin seed(Jeera) - 3tsp/15gm
- Water - 1cup / 200ml
- Coriander(Dhaniya)Powder - 1tbsp / 15gm
- Salt - to taste
- Make a soft dough with the gram flour,1/2 cup yoghurt, 3/4 tsp salt, 3 tbsp oil tsp red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Apply a little oil on the hands and roll out 1"x6" long cylindrical rolls of the dough.
- Bring the water to a boil and slide in the rolls. Cook for 5-7 minutes or till they become firm. Drain the water and put the rolls aside to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 3/4" long pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil; add the cumins seeds and let them crackel. Add the gram flour pieces and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- To the remaining yoghurt, add the leftover spices and mix well. Add this mixture to the pieces, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes add salt to taste.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5-7 miniutes. If the gravy is very thick, add a little more water and boil till the oil seprates. Serve hot.